Cyanuric Acid (Pool Conditioner)
Properties of Cyanuric Acid
Cyanuric acid (CYA), also known as chlorine stabilizer or pool conditioner, is a critical chemical that stabilizes the chlorine in your pool. Without cyanuric acid, your chlorine will quickly break down under the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
Applied as chlorine conditioner in outdoor pools to protect chlorine from sunshine.
1. Precipitation from concentrated hydrochloric acid or sulfuric acid is anhydrous crystal;
2. 1g is soluble in about 200ml water, without smell, a itte bitter in taste;
3. The product can exist in the form of ketone form or isocyanuric acid;
4. Soluble in hot water, hot ketone, pyridine, concentrated hydrochloric acid and sulfuric acid without decomposition, also soluble in NaOH and KOH water solution, insoluble in cold alcohol, ether, acetone, benzene and chloroform.
|Items||Cyanuric Acid granules||Cyanuric Acid powder|
|Appearance||White crystalline granules||White crystalline powder|
|Purity (%, on dry basis)||98 MIN||98.5 MIN|
|Granularity||8 - 30 mesh||100 mesh, 95% pass through|
Per clients' needs.
Other Applications of Cyanuric Acid
1. Used in the synthesis of chlorinated derivatives, trichloroisocyanuric acid; sodium or potassium dichloroisocyanurate;
2. Used to synthesize cyanuric acid-formaldehyde resin; epoxy resin; antioxidant; paint; adhesive; pesticide herbicide; metal cyanide corrosion inhibitor; polymer material modifier, etc.;
3. It is used in the production of the drug halotrihydroxyazine.
4. Manufacture of cyanuric acid chloride, paint, coating, salt, and lipid;
5. Mainly used to synthesize new bleaching agents, antioxidants, paint coatings, agricultural herbicides, and metal cyanide corrosion inhibitors. It can be used as a chlorine stabilizer, sterilization, and decontamination in swimming pools; it can also be directly used in nylon and Sec, a Burning agent, and as cosmetic additives.