Melamine Cyanurate (MCA) Halogen-free Flame Retardant
Melamine cyanurate ( MCA ) is a kind of white power. It has excellent electricity performance, especially adaptable to electric equipment and Electronic Industrie Non-toxic and environmental protection.
Melamine Cyanurate is a halogen-free flame retardant that can be used in thermoplastic urethanes (TPUs) for electrical wire coatings. MCA especially applies to nylon number 6 and number 66, which can achieve the anti-flaming effect with UL 94 V level easily; It's worthwhile to point out that it has such advantages as very low application cost, super electrical capacity, mechanical performance, and excellent pigmentation effect, etc.
|Appearance||White crystal powder|
|Content (%)||99.5 MIN|
|Moisture (%)||0.2 MAX|
|pH (10 g/L)||6.0 - 7.0|
|Whiteness (F457)||95 MIN|
|Melamine (%)||0.001 MAX|
|Cyanuric Acid (%)||0.2 MAX|
|D50||3 μm MAX
3.5 - 4 μm
Size can be adjust as per clients' need.
|Packing:||600 kg big bags , 2 bags per pallet20kg plastic bag with pallet|
1. Halogen-free, low smoke density, low toxicity, and less corrosion.
2. High sublimation temperature (440°C) with high thermal resistance and thermal processing stability.
3. Good economics and mechanical properties, compared to compounds containing halogen/antimony flame retardant systems
4. Lower corrosion offers advantages in the processing stage or fire hazard.
5. UL94V-0 rating for unfilled or mineral filled compounds.
6. UL94V-2 rating for glass filled compounds.
1. primarily used for nylon.
2. Primarily for electrical & electronic applications (connectors, switches, etc.) made from polyamide or thermoplastic polyurethane.
3. Suitable for synthetic resins (i.e. PA, PVC, PS).
20 kg per multi-ply paper bag (10-11 MTs per 20 foot container or 20-22 MTs per 40 foot container).
25 kg per composite woven bag with inner PE lining.
600 kg per jumbo bag available upon request.
Properties of Melamine Cyanurate
Melamine Cyanurate is a salt comprised of Melamine and Cyanuric acid, which has unique physical properties: heat stability at 300º.
Held together by an extensive two-dimensional network of hydrogen bonds between Melamine and Cyanuric acid, which network forms layers such as graphite.